Monday, May 5, 2008

All things good and wide

Well it's been an eventful weekend for the Allen clan. It started on Thursday with a trip up to Dallas for me and the boys. It was the start of the orthodontic work for me. It all begins with the expander:
(this one is not mine, just a pic I found, but mine is very similar). This lovely contraption will push my upper jaw out over the next couple months. I've got 7mm to go and it takes 2 weeks to move 1mm. We'll see how it goes. The braces will come in probably 6-8weeks depending on how my jaw is moving. The nice thing is right now my 3-year-old enjoys making fun of how I talk now that I have a hunk of plastic on the roof of my mouth, lisp and drool a lot! Let's just say that I'm tired of saying "Shoes," "Sure" and "Supervisor."
Think wide thoughts for me everyone!

While the boys and I were in Dallas, Mark was very busy with work and a youth Temple trip. We did manage to squeeze in a date on Saturday night to go see Ironman with some of the people from my capoeira group. It was a great movie...we had a good time...it's been a LONG time since I've been at a movie where people clap at the end!
Lastly was the visit to the San Antonio East Stake conference on Sunday. They ended up creating a new stake (The Kyle Stake) and Pop is the new Stake president over the Kyle Stake. It was a great conference and a great day with family! The boys did a great job and looked ever so handsome in their little ties!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hi Moni! Sorry that you are undertaking braces- or maybe congratulations are in order!!! Either way, best of luck. :)