Life has been busy for us Allens lately!! Here's what's been going on:

We headed to SeaWorld the other week with Great-Grandma and Grandma to celebrate Great-Grandma's 88th birthday. A fun day was had by all! The boys were exhausted after a busy day of watching all kinds of shows and playing in the sun. The biggest thing that sticks out to me is from the pic below. John and his little buddy got on the paint can spinner ride all by themselves. They didn't even need any mommy help to go and get in their can and sit down. My biggest little boy just keeps getting bigger!! It's a bittersweet feeling!
Yep, so I don't know if exhausted even describes the way Jacob is feeling in the pic below..at least he's happy :)


Jacob had his 1 year check up and is doing great! He's 23lbs and 31" long. He got 4 shots...which was not fun. But they gave him a cowboy hat for his 1st birthday. I have a feeling he didn't really care about that so much giving that it's been chewed, stomped and spit upon. Plus, I have to say that if someone stabbed me 4 times and only gave me a stinkin' cowboy hat, I'd be a little miffed.
John also had his Spring program at his preschool. Those are the best things b/c kids just will do what they want to do no matter what! This is a pic of John waving to his cheering section as they were waiting to get started. The program was great...the kids did 3 songs, one of them included ribbons...big giant ribbons attached to sticks that the kids wave around...I'm sure you can figure where that went...
It was great though and I think the best part of that for me has been watching John rehearse around the house and in the car and at the grocery store and the park...



Lastly, if you ever want to know how to mess up making rice-krispie treats, while following the recipe....give me a call!
2 comments:
I think you must have got that Rice Krispies recipe from me because I have done that same thing before!
Thanks for always letting us come along on your family adventures!
I've always been really bad at rice krispy treats, too. It must run in the family. :)
Post a Comment