

Well not much has been going on for us...other than life as usual. So I thought I would give you 'a day in the life of..." I'll begin with this morning so far (it is currently 8:25am). The morning began thankfully at 5:50am (this week the average start time for the day has been between 4:45 and 5:15am). Jacob greeted me we a sweet smile and quick game of peek-a-boo. I started the usual shower routine with Jacob in his exersaucer next to the shower. Upon exiting the shower I find myself trying to get dressed while holding a squirming 9 month old as he has grown bored of the exersaucer. Following this, I notice the pungent, but all too familiar odor of a smelly diaper. However, my last diaper has already been used, so I risk waking up John if I go and get a diaper from the boys' room. I decide the risk is worth it since it's getting stinky. Upon entering the boys' room, I hear the sweet sounds of "mom, I need some more medicine." John is now awake and complaining of a sore eye, which looks irritated but not too bad...I am sure it's uncomfortable though. I collect the items necessary for the operation in the other bathroom and gather John and 'buddy buddy.' We begin John's routine: wake up, ask for milk and cartoons, get asked to use the potty first, whine whine whine (amount of whining is usually proportionate to the level of hunger John has), finally use the potty and get said milk and cartoons. This morning, the added element of a 'sore eye' was thrown in the mix, which resulted in more whines than usual. After dealing with Jacob's morning surprise, I continue to encourage John to try to use potty. Upon which I am bombarded with many attempts at thwart the dreaded potty. This morning's included, "Mooooommmmm, I can't use the potty because my eye hurts too much." "Moooooommm, the lid is too heavy for me to lift." "Mooooommmmm, I can't get my PJs off (he's wearing feety pjs)." Upon entering the scene, I find John sprawled on the bathroom floor half disrobed and playing with the zipper on his pjs. After coaxing him to stand up so we can proceed, Jacob enters blowing a nice snot bubble and just wanting to be with the crowd. John finally gets things together and we are able to venture out to get milk and start the cartoons. The 20 min timer is then started on the oven for the rest of the day so that both John and I (mostly for me) can have a reminder that John needs to use the potty again. Then, the barrage of 'can I haves' and 'i want...' begins. Then we arrive at breakfast, which is a fun and peaceful time! The boys are very good at eating breakfast. This morning was a bit different as I had a work call, call into the pediatrician for an appointment for John and a call to my mom to let her know of the possibility of an eye infection upon her & Becky's arrival later today. After breakfast I had opportunity to update this blog with a few breaks to change another diaper, feed another bottle, put a baby down for a nap, answer a few questions about Spiderman, how he uses his spiderwebs and the correct finger position for shooting spiderwebs from the hands and have a brief sword fight. And that brings us to the current time of 8:50. The rest of the day is going to be spent doing about 10 loads of laundry, visiting the doctor and the grocery store, making pizza dough and awaiting the arrival of our weekend guests!! I am sure we will squeeze in some wrestle mania, whac-a-mole, pass the pig and coloring though!! All in a day!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment