Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ice cream man!!!

In our neighborhood, we have (I think) the scariest ice cream van in the world. Beat up old van, rusted, looks like it's been in a couple hit & runs, peeling stickers and not the greatest speakers...kind of screams out "hey kid, you want some candy?!?!" However the boys don't notice stuff like that. One of their goals for the summer is to get ice cream from the ice cream truck. Thankfully this particular evening, it was the scary ice cream truck that came around. We hailed it down and I gulped and then approached the window. Inside were two super nice people (husband and wife). John got a gelato, Jake got a Dora ice cream bar and Ryan passed...I guess some kids notice those kinds of things. He went for a mini-snickers ice cream treat from our new freezer instead...smart choice!! After all was said and done though, he decided that the ice cream truck ice cream didn't look so bad...

1 comment:

Rebecca J said...

Hmm, I think you have the same ice cream truck in your neighborhood that we have in ours! Our guy drives through at like 35 mph, though, so I'm not sure whether he's *really* trying to sell ice cream...