Friday, June 4, 2010

For the love of the quilt...


I am one lucky gal...there are so many amazingly talented and wonderful people in my family. One of these people is my mom. One of her passions (besides her family) is quilting...she does amazing work!! I have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of some her works. She just made the quilt above for us and I LOVE it!! I love batiks and the colors in theis quilt are amazing (the pictures don't do it justice). I don't think anyone can truly understand the time, emotion (good & bad), money and love that go into a quilt. They don't just get thrown together...it's a journey. I know that might be a little "out there," but after several months of putting together my first quilt, it gave me a whole new respect for that art form and I can see why it is a passion for some. Thanks Mom!!!!!

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Your mom is so talented! those are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments!! I love to quilt, but I love my family so much more!! Glad you like the quilt. Love, Mom aka Grammy