Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hook'Em Musketeers


On Friday, my dear friend and I took the boys down to UT to enjoy the gorgeous 80 degree weather we are having at the end of January. We hit the Texas Natural Science Center first...checked out the evolution of HIV, mating rituals of flies, Texas wildlife and of course dinosaur bones. The three musketeers had a great time running around and pushing buttons.
After the museum, we ventured around campus to the south mall for lunch. Found a nice shady spot and sat down to eat. For those who are not Texas alum, the squirrels are VERY friendly and are used to nice college people feeding them (as you can see from the rather rotund rodent in the picture below). The boys are used to Round Rock/suburban squirrels who run at the thought of a child...so they were quite surprised and petrified that this squirrel dared to get so close. Kerilyn and I got a good chuckle out of watching these guys freak out about the squirrel. After they finished eating they got brave and I don't think Mr. Squirrel will forget the experience...poor thing.















After the squirrel incident, we ventured around campus with William...checking out the turtle pond and heading over to the LDS Institute to say hi to Rebecca. Then, we braved the UT shuttle system to get us back to our car. I don't know who had more fun, the boys or all the college students watching these 4 boys have the ride of their life on a bus. The joys of suburbia!!

1 comment:

Miss Berrie said...

Haha! I love the "reach back" technique being displayed in this picture, Monica. Very impressive!